The Navy will commission its newest guided-missile destroyer, the future USS Rafael Peralta (DDG 115), during a 10 a.m. PDT ceremony Saturday, July 29, at Naval Air Station North Island in San Diego.
Navy News Service Top Stories Top Stories RSS Feed
Chief of Naval Operations (CNO) Adm. John Richardson held a video teleconference (VTC), July 27 with Admiral Yutaka Murakawa, Chief of Staff, Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force.
Commander, Naval Air Forces Vice Adm. Mike Shoemaker presented the 2016 Admiral Flatley Memorial Award for aviation safety to the amphibious assault ship USS Makin Island (LHD 8) and 11th Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU) during a ceremony on the ship's flight deck, July 25.
Headlines from Around the Fleet Other Headlines RSS Feed
- Carl Vinson Meritoriously Advances 28 Sailors
- COMLOG WESTPAC, USS Stethem Enhance Adaptive Maintenance Capabilities with Availability in Singapore
- USS Ashland Visits Cairns
- Naval Hospital Oak Harbor is 1st Navy Hospital to Pilot Electronic Health Record Upgrade
- USS Theodore Roosevelt Holds Change of Command
- Nominations Open for Human Resources Junior Officer of the Year
- NAVSUP FLC Norfolk Supports Gerald R. Ford Commissioning Ceremony
- 'Up-Gunned ESG' Concept Moves Forward in Talisman Saber 17
- USS Green Bay Visits Brisbane
- America Holds Health Awareness 5K on Flight Deck
- UNITAS 2017 Concludes in Peru
- GHWB Arrives in Portsmouth, England
- Sailors Conduct Medical Knowledge Exchange with Honduran Doctors, Nurses to Kick Off Southern Partnership Station 17
- National Capital Region Welcomes Pure Praxis
- MCPON Attends UNITAS 2017